Monday, January 16, 2012

Grapefruit must be a magic fruit!

So I am trying to put variety in my daily diet. I thought to myself, "What do you think is a good breakfast 'health' food?" Grapefruit! Now the initial sound of the word made me pucker. I can remember as a chubby child my mother sitting this down in front of me. I shot her a look like " what the heck is this?" my mother described it as a giant orange. LIAR! What a terrible joke to play on a child. Imagine my dismay as I take a big juicy bite expecting the sweetness of an orange. That however is not what I got. The bitterness filled my mouth quickly and I spit it out it seemed like it flew out of my mouth at warp speed across the room. "Yuck!" Not at all what I expected. I think I may have even experienced temporary lock jaw for a minute or two. My mother always said that I had a flare for the dramatics. I share this memory because the instant I picked up this giant ruby red grapefruit that moment in time flashed in fro t of my eyes like an image from my grandmother's old super 8 projector. I started to put it down but my determination is much greater than I expected. Maybe it's age or maybe it's that my taste buds have been permanently damaged from my misguided youth, but once I started eating this monster I couldn't stop. This thing was sweet and luscious and like a gift from heaven. It took me almost an hour to eat it all. All 97 calories worth! I was full and satisfied but that wasn't even the best part! About an hour later I couldn't sit still. I had my iPod in listening to my workout playlist and dancing around like crazy! I really need to be at the gym right now to utilize this amazing energy! And so this my friends has lead me to the conclusion that grapefruit must be a magical fruit! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment