Saturday, April 21, 2012

I am not a pretty face runner

Okay guys I am back. It's been awhile, I know. Life has just been so very hectic lately. Sometimes I even have trouble remembering what day it is. They all seem to run together now. Anyway.... I am quickly approaching my first 5K ever. I am so excited and yet utterly terrified at the same time! A friend ( one who I have neglected to call lately in the midst of chaos... Sorry) suggested that I start running at the track some instead of the elliptical machine at the gym. I truely wish I had taken his advice sooner. I also let this task set on the backburner for a awhile. This week ( two weeks prior to the 5K) I began to train at the track. For those of you that got just a little cocky while excelling on the elliptical... Pavement is way harder than it looks. I have promoted myself as a runner- Ha! I give major props to those people I know who run- for real! You know in that place we call nature or the great outdoors. Everything hurts! My back, my legs, my butt cheeks.... Heck even my eyelashes hurt! I strongly suspect that I should be strapping an oxygen tank to my back while attempting to jog. I am not a "pretty face" runner either. Oh no folks! For those of you the that can multitask and smile and run at the same time... Much props from me! No sir, I think I more closely resemble that of an emphysema patient attempting to jog. Apparently my brain and body are in shock by my notion that I want to take on this activity that it can't quite grasp the idea that I must run and breathe at the same time. I know that you are laughing but it is the honest truth!! So next time you are out for a jog and you pass someone who's face resembles the elephant man and who also appears to be hyperventalating, don't worry it's just me... Refusing to let the exercise beat me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment